The Research Centre has been established in the year 2018-19. Affiliated to the University of Mumbai, it has gained recognition for PhD (Commerce) Degree Course in the subject of Accountancy.
Research is a creative and innovative activity that works incessantly towards development of new concepts, theories, and principles, making an addition to existing knowledge which helps society to grow and solve daily life problems. Research is one of the core pillars in the education system. Research facilitates people to identify and grab the opportunities for association and spreading of knowledge, innovative practices and expertise. Frequent dynamic changes in the field of commerce, finance, economics and management makes it difficult for teachers to deliver quality education unless they constantly update their knowledge with current developments in areas of their expertise. In order to achieve the mission and vision of our institute, the Research Centre has been established.
- To create a centre of excellence for intellectual creativity
- To promote research culture among students and teachers
- To provide support system for upcoming researchers to enhance research skills and carry out their work
- To create awareness and motivate researchers to work in emerging trends of commerce, finance and management.
- To assist and guide faculties, students and research scholars in filling minor/major research proposal for grants from prominent funding agencies viz. UGC, ICSSR, MHRD etc.
- To organize workshops, seminars and training programmes to promote research activities in the field of commerce and multidisciplinary subjects.