Our Institutional Distinctiveness
Our college adheres to the motto of “Vyaparey Seva” which also encapsulates the vision of “progress and development of the society, keeping in mind…the values of humanity and social responsibility.”
Our forte is social outreach and we abide by our core values which also includes “Each one Reach one”. We aim to intensify our endeavor of – Each One Reach One – in order to infuse the value of “Vyaparey Seva” in our students and all those connected with our institution.
To fulfill the aims, our students have taken up several projects which include:
2021 – 22
- Inspire to Serve project : The Lions Club of Malad-Borivli , floated the Inspire to Serve project wherein students under the mentorship for the teaching staff were encouraged to work upon social service projects.
- Reaching out by the Disaster Management Cell: The Disaster Management Cell of our college took the initiative to reach the unreached of the slums of Appa Pada in Malad (East) and Kranti Nagar in Kandivali (East), Mumbai.
2018 – 2019
- Project Learning by doing: Reaching out to NGOs – Old Age Homes, Orphanages, Special Homes, wherein each of the first year and second student visits orphanages and destitute centers every year.
- Tandulwadi is the adopted village of the college and NSS volunteers along with staff and college management reach out to the needy people every year.
- The Dalmian Community Project: Reaching out to Tribal village – Osarvira, Palghar District. Osarvira was another village catered to by the college student and management since 2015-16 until 2017-18.
- Project Ek Kitab Ek Kalam had been carried out to reach out in providing basic neccessites books and pen to the school children of the tribal belt of Palghar district to more than 2000+ students well as Swami Vivekananda Ashram and a school in Saphale..
- Project Muskaan (A drive to spread smiles) was carried out by students of DLLE. The students were taken to various orphanages and old age homes in Malad, Borivali, Kandivali, Bhayander and Andheri.Various issues of hygiene were discussed in order to spread awareness.
- The “Give Pad Give Hygiene” Project wherein 1050 pads were collected and distributed amongst women of villages of Tiware, (Chiplun), Vajegaon (V. S.) Kalane, Male, Putharpunj, Kasheli (Patan) of Ratnagiri and Satara District.
- Student Leadership Program: IDF (Indian Development Foundation) along with BAF department collaboration organized a workshop in the academic year 2018-19 on student leadership program where students were encouraged to take up teaching the weaker sections of the society which will later turn up in an increase in number of the educated crowd and help in creation of a better society with healthy minds. The session for the same program was carried out in Anjuman Islamic Girls High School, Bandra West.
- Supporting Voice Vision : The institute has always promoted empowerment, 2018-19 the college collaborated with Voice and Vision Life supporters for empowering persons with disabilities and helping them become efficient first – responders.
- Project “Ek Mutthi Anaj” collection drive was carried out from 4th to 14th October 2017 and saw a collection of 1385 kg of rice which was then donated in the village of Vanai in Vangaon, a rural area in Dhahanu taluka of Palghar district, Maharashtra to help the villagers celebrate the festival of Diwali.
- Study-Buddy concept for group study, where intelligent students mentored the students who struggled with certain concepts.
- Some of the projects undertaken every year by our students are: Blood Donation Camp, Anaj Dan, participating in Dan Utsav, which helped many in crisis of food and clothes. Biscuit Donation, Run for Unity, Tree Plantation projects, Cyclothon – campaigning on bicycles to spread awareness about nature and other crucial issues, and many more.
Coordinating with Voice Vision “The First-Aiders Training for Disabled” on June 10, 2018
Our students personally distributing biscuit packets collected by Junior college students to the needy - 27th September to 4th of November 2018