- Stree Mukti Sanghatana (http://streemuktisanghatana.org/) : Stree Mukti Sanghatana (Women’s liberation organization) is a Non-Governmental Organization founded in 1975 working for the empowerment of women, chiefly by creating awareness in the society about women’s issues and improving the lives of women through education, healthcare, and gender equality. It is an autonomous, registered organization that is not affiliated with any political party or political group. It has centers in Dadar, Chembur, Parel, and Govandi in Mumbai, Vashi and Koparkhairane in Navi Mumbai and Thane. Other cities like Pune, Buldana and Osmanabad also have centres. They have family counseling centres, in-house monthly publication “PrerakLalkari”, programs for adolescents, day care centres, programs for waste pickers and solid waste management commenced operations to enable sustainable livelihood for women. The college has in continuation of the earlier MOU with Stree Mukti Sanghatana this year too we renewed the MOU.
- Praja Foundation: Praja (https://www.praja.org/ ) is a non-partisan organization working towards enabling accountable governance since 1999. Praja empowers citizens to participate in governance by providing knowledge and perspective so that they can become politically active and involved beyond the ballot box. It undertakes extensive research and highlights civic issues to build the awareness of, and mobilize action by the government and elected representatives (ERs). It trained our students on various projects.
- IQAC Cluster India (https://iqacclusterindia.com/): This is group of IQAC coordinators from various colleges in Maharashtra who took an initiative to work for Quality insistence, maintenance, Promotion, assurance and to encourage Quality culture in and other organizations.
The tag line of the Cluster is “Co-operation and not competition for successful academics within colleges.” The objectives of this cluster are:
- To create an awareness about the processes and procedures of IQAC for creating a healthy work culture.
- To standardize the procedures and processes of IQAC to segregate different activities of Quality Assurance, quality control, and quality planning.
- To create a trained IQAC for application of quality tools.
- To control and monitor processes for continuous improvement at workplace
- To create a neighborhood assistance to the IQAC coordinators by creating a network of trained force.
- To change the thought process of faulty competition within the colleges that creates complex within the organization and in the students.
- To reduce the hype of “NAAC” and create a thought process where NAAC is a routine standard accreditation process necessary for the organizational work culture.
- Kinging Youths: Kinging Youths is an NGO (https://kingingyouthsinternational.in/) , an India Suicide Prevention Squad. Their Vision is to make “SUICIDE FREE INDIA by 2025 ” & our MISSION is to “Raise 50 Lakhs Volunteers. Our students are part of their Squad that runs a program tagged ‘Jeevan Mein Ashja Hain’ (There is hope in life.). All our students attended workshops conducted by them.
- Technoserve(https://www.technoserve.org): Technoserve as part of the MOU conducted a free-of-cost placement training programme for the third-year students of our college. Funded by Citi Foundation, the training took place within the college premises from Monday to Friday (2 hours each day), thus covering 60 hours of in-classroom experiential learning over 30 days from 05th to 25th March 2019.
The Training Company: The Training Company (http://thewickydavid.com/index.php) aims to make every student ready for recruitment. This company headed by Mr. Wicky David, a master of ‘campus recruitment training programs’, has collaborated with our college so as to provide our students with the necessary training and skills required for hiring purposes. His training sessions on Grooming, Etiquettes and confidence building have proven to help our students get ready for the essential skills required in the corporate sector. The “Tiger Session” and the “Take the Wicky Challenge” program added to the intensive training program conducted by Mr. Wicky David arms our students with the know- how of cracking the interview sessions.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
Collaborations have become a vital part of the current education system especially in Institutes of Higher Education. Academic and professional collaborations are beneficial to the teaching faculty as well as students as it not only provides them an opportunity to incorporate a more hands-on learning resulting in the development of a deeper understanding of concepts and also aids them in learning new teaching-learning tools. It helps students in increasing the extensiveness of their knowledge and learning different approaches to tackling the challenges in a professional setup.
Pralhadrai Dalmia Lions College endeavours to emphasise and encourage both intra- and inter-institutional collaboration and establish a level to improve the quality, resources and capabilities of both students and institutions and departments involved. As an academic institution we strive to create an academic culture that fosters partnerships and cooperation in order to improve quality of education as well as accelerate progress.
Key questions that the institution takes into consideration with reference to collaborations:
- What type of collaboration will be most advantageous for thestudents as well as the institution?
- Which academic departments would benefit most from collaboration, and how deep should the collaborations go?
Objectives of collaboration for students:
- To expose students to a diverse set of ideas, thought and learning processes.
- To develop team building skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate with others.
- To give students an opportunity to shine in an area that they excel in, or to work on areas where they need to improve their skills.
- To facilitate students in aligning their academics to the real needs of the professional world and therefore secure an insight in high-expertise jobs.
- To provide a good understanding of the current challenges and management topics
- To help Students gain a deep insight in the professional work setup
Our students and teachers participate in Extension activities conducted in collaboration with industry, community and Non- Government Organizations. Through collaborative activities for research, faculty exchange, student exchange/ internship we aim to enhance the quality of the teaching learning process.
Our Collaborations for 2020-21: Click here to view
“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” ― Aristotle
We encourage our students to sign up for internships and projects. Through internships, a student can practice and improve their industry skills while also learning how to work. Ithelps students master professional soft skills such as communication, punctuality and time management. These are the skills that are key for success at a job and college and are highly sought after by companies. It can be a real confidence builder for a student. Project focuses mainly on planning, communication and teamwork skills. It allows a child to demonstrate his or her capabilities while working independently.
An internship is the position of a student or trainee who works in an organization for a defined period in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification. However, working on projects, an internal activity during which students autonomously develop scientific research capability under supervision help in enhancement of their skill and expertise.
Knowledge enhancement project has proven to be one of the most effective ways to engage students and provide a practical application for what they’re learning. It not only provides opportunities for students to collaborate or drive their own learning, but it also teaches them skills such as problem solving, and helps to develop additional skills integral to their future, such as critical thinking and time management.
The institute also aims at the holistic development of the students by enhancing their research aptitude, communication skills, presentation skills and also increasing their inquisitiveness to learn and explore new dimensions of technology through knowledge enhancement projects. skill-based learning, students are pushed to think out of the box and innovate to find new ways to approach matters. In an environment that merges knowledge and skill-based learning beautifully, students tend to become independent thinkers. They’re encouraged to think higher and deeper, and solve problems on their own.Social Service based projects that our students undertake help to provides a chance to increase the representative voice of those traditionally under-served & ignored in society.
Internships and projects thus provide a forum for exchange of ideas, innovation, and laying a strong foundation of their career.