Value Added Courses
1. Certificate Course in Value Education
This course aims at explaining the core concepts of value system rooted in Indian philosophy and culture and its importance in managing one’s life. The course also helps the learner to build a sound mind and socially acceptable behaviour.
The objective of this course is to create an awareness about what ethics and values are
- Build positive approach.
- Promote physical and mental well being.
The syllabus contains teachings of Bhagavad gita, Bible lessons, Chanakya’s Arthashastra, Meditation, Yoga, Nutrition and diet, Law of attraction and teachings of swami Vivekananda. It is a 30 hour, free of cost course which is designed especially for imparting values in students for their and society’s benefit.
Skill Development Certificate Courses
1. Certificate Course in Fashion Designing
This skill development course is designed to help student recognize their true potential in designing and to develop expertise in area of fashion. The syllabus of the course contains Design Concepts, Textile designing, Pattern Making, Clothing Constructions, Surface ornamentation in Indian, American and Greek Fashion styles. It is a 30 hour, free of cost course which will develop the basic understanding of fashion in the students and will allow them to enhance their skill of designing.
2. Skill Certification Scheme by NSDC & PMKVY
Prahladrai Dalmia Lions College of Commerce and Economics offered two certified programs by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) set up by the Ministry of Finance and for PMKVY for all the students in the academic year 2020 – 2021. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a not-for-profit public limited company, set up by the Ministry of Finance as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. It acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organizations that provide skill training. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youths to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
Programs offered :
Airline Customer Service Executive
Field Technician Computing Peripheral
Skill Certification Scheme Report 2020-21
Employability Enhancement Certificate Courses
1. Certificate Course in Tourism and Travel Management
This course is designed to familiarize students with the Tourism industry. This course focuses on Beginning, Evolution& Development of Tourism, its’ Significance, and Tourism as an Organization. The syllabus of the course contains Components of tourism, Tourism Development Strategies, Growth of tourism in India, Telecommunication and ICT in tourism, e-documentation, e-commerce, Online Portals, Planning the itinerary, Travel Agency and its functions, tour operators, IATA procedures. It is a 30 hour, free of cost course including 15 hour project.
2. Certificate Course on Soft skills and Communication in English Course Code – CSSC202122
- To acquaint students with Soft Skills
- To make students understand the processes of improving Emotional Intelligence Quotient
- To enhance communication skills of students with reference to
Job selection Processes – Resume, Interview, Group discussion.
Learning Outcomes :
After the completion of this course students will be able to:
- Conduct a Self Analysis – SWOC
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the need of emotional intelligence
- Create a short video presentation on self introduction
- Create a resume and upload it on LinkedIn
SSC syllabus: Click here to view
Report SSC 2021-22: Click here to view
3. Certificate Course on Time Management (VALUE ADDED PROGRAM) CCTM 202122 by PLACEMENT CELL & BAF
The Bachelor of Accounting and Finance programme in association of Placement Cell of PrahladraiDalmia Lions College of Commerce and Economics conducts a value added course of 30 Hours for students of all programmes (both Degree and SFC) on “Time Management”. The first 100 students to register can avail the benefits of this course.
Registered students who have completed the course will be provided with e-certificates.
1. To bring awareness about time management and help them to preparation
makes the day run more smoothly.
2. How to Reduce the fear of failure and stress & anxiety for work.
3. Help students to improve their confidence.
Modeling, Practical, Role Play and PowerPoint Presentations
Major takeaways for students – To understand the importance of Time management and implications if not following it.
Syllabus: Click here to view
Report 2021-22: Click here to view
Software Training Program
These courses give students an experiential opportunity to learn in real world context and a platform to widen their knowledge horizon beyond the academic course. These courses are available for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff also.
LIST OF OPTED PROGRAMS:
1. PHP & MySQL – used as web development and database management systems package
2. Blender- Open source equivalent to Maya and 3DMax
3. C and C++ and Advanced C++ for Business and industrial applications. Widely used in the development of operating systems.
4. FrontAccounting-2.4.7 open source business accounting software (having features similar to Tally).
5. GIMP Open source equivalent of Photoshop.
6. Inkscape Useful for all graphic related work. Open source equivalent of CorelDraw and Illustrator
7. Introduction to Computers Absolute basic tutorials.
- Study material is available on https://spoken-tutorial.org/
- Students get an E-Certificate from IIT-BOMBAY on successful course completion.
- Students can complete all mentioned courses in the academic year.
- All above mentioned certification courses are FREE and conducted ONLINE