“We want the education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased , the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one’s own feet.” – Swami Vivekananda.
In the spirit of the above quote , BSc(IT) Department of Prahladrai Dalmia Lions College started with an aim to make the students employable and impart industry oriented training.
The Department started in 2013-14 with 16 Learners and it has increased since then to 158 students.
The academic year 2017-2018 was filled with several academic and co-curricular activities which ended with the passing out of the second batch of the graduates of the department. A new wave of enthusiasm leaded in the academic year 2017-2018 with the revival of the BSc( IT) departmental association DLITA (Dalmia Lions I.T. Association). This was made possible by the co-ordinated efforts of the students involved under the guidance of the respective department professors.
- 8 students got short-listed in the “Seed-IT-IDOL-2017” contest out of 17000 students of University of Mumbai
- Out of 12 eligible students in TYIT for placement, 7 students got placed in famous IT companies such as LNT, Insosys, CAP Gemini, Wipro. Thus, 58% of the Placement is achieved by the Department
- 12 Students of SYIT and 7 Students of TYIT got Internship in Mittl, Marine Institute and Geebee Education (P) Ltd.,
- Few talented students made android app for college fest (Mr. Vijay Mishra), college website (Mr. Vaibhav Singh) , BSc(IT) department (Mr. Vikshit Jain).
- Mr. Rohit Sharma made live website of BookieG. Many students are earning through social networking sites such as through You Tube channel.
- Students of BSc(IT) helped to create Banners, Posters and Badges (Design) for various events conducted in College campus.
- Mr. Pranay Das has designed a blog of BSc(IT) Department.
- Many students grabbed various prizes in intercollegiate events.
- The difficult theory subjects are taught to the students through role play activity. It increases students’ participation and gives them hands-on-programming practice which helps in translating the theoretical knowledge into practical applications.
- Peer-Learning Sessions – Intelligent group of students mentor their class-mates who have ATKT in the subjects to reduce the number of failures.
- E-waste collection drive is organized and E-waste collected from entire college as well as some neighbouring colleges which is submitted to ‘E-waste Recycling India Pvt. Ltd Company’ for recycling purpose.
- Department has an e-magazine on blog (http://blog.pdlcdlita.tk/). Students from various departments shared their articles for the same.
- Various workshops, seminars, Guest lectures are organized regularly.
- Parents meetings are conducted for all the classes.
- Rupali Mishra ,Coordinator (MCA , HDSE)
- Sanjana Khemka (MCA, MCOM)
- Aditi Save, Coordinator(MSc.I.T.)
Connect with us on Instagram: