The University of Mumbai started the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) course in 2003-04.
The main aim to introduce this course was to improve self-employment and provide benefits to the organisations by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of Accounting & Finance by way of interaction, projects, presentations, industrial visits, practical training, Job orientation and placements.
Our College has introduced the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Course from Academic Year 2011-2012. It has a strong emphasis on developing analytical skill and offers a solid grounding and professional competence in all aspects of commerce required for careers in the business and corporate sectors.
Advantages of BAF Course:
While the course is primarily theoretical, there is a good blend of projects, case studies and industrial visits to enable a student to get well- versed with the functioning of the Industry. There is also exposure to working in the industry during the Summer Internship Programs which is a compulsory component of the program.
Graduates can pursue postgraduate courses in Accountancy, Finance, Business Economics, Management, Marketing and Human Resources etc. They also enroll for Chartered Accountant, Cost Management Accountant, Company Secretary and Other Professional Certified courses in Finance, Investment and Capital Market.
Graduates can opt government sector jobs after graduation through various government exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission, State Public Service Commission, Local Body, SSC, FDI, RBI, LIC, SEBI, Banks and Maharatna- Government Companies.
Best Practices of Department:
- Orientation Seminar to First Year students.
- Career Seminar for Third Year students.
- One Day visit to RBI, SEBI, BSE, NSE etc.
- Mentoring and Counseling to needy students.
- Guest lectures for various important industrial practices in field of Accounting and Finance.
- Relaxant: It is a one-day adventurous event to relax the minds of students conducted in the month of August-September.
- Battle of Brains: It is one day quiz competition event for students of college, conducted in the month of February.
- September, 2017 : One day visit to Securities and Exchange Board of India, Mumbai
- February, 2018 : One day visit to RBI Monetary Visit, Mumbai
- September, 2017: 1 day Seminar on Working of BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange)
- January, 2018 : 1 day Seminar on Career in CMA Courses conducted in association with ICAI(Institute of Cost Accountant Of India)
Connect with us on Instagram: